I'm glad to hear you are mostly OK. Very sorry to hear this happened. I use
LiPo for R/C aircraft/helicopters, and charge them outside on the back
patio clear of anything inside those bags for this very reason. I've had a
couple grenade (you'd think figuratively, but as you described, literally)
after collisions.

For radio use, I switched to LiFe packs which seem to be much less
volatile, and the discharge voltage curve is more conducive for radio use.
You'll also get more cycles out of them. Not sure if you use your LiPo for
radio, but I thought I'd offer that suggestion if you do. They have
slightly less capacity, but with my KX3, I get a day of RX from a 4200mAh
LiFe battery, and 2 hours of solid 10W output; much more when using
something like SSB that isn't pulling the full 2A or so and isn't 100% duty
cycle.

Again, glad to hear you're OK.

David - K5DJO