Ed,

are you sure you are on CW when doing the procedure and not CW-R (or LSB/USB)? Don't ask how I know ... ;-)

73, Olli - DH8BQA

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de

Am 16.12.2014 23:25, schrieb Ed G:
Hello,
      I have performed the Rev A8 Opposite Sideband and IF Image Nulling
procedure on my KX3 (thanks VK2RQ for the reference).  On page 5 of the
procedure, step 2 says the KX3's VFO must be set 16 kHz higher than the
signal source. However, I noted that to hear any signal at all, my VFO
setting was more like 14.8 kHz higher than the source (true on all bands). I
am assuming that the signal I hear that is about 14.8 kHz higher is the
image, and I proceeded with setting RIT on and completion of the automatic
gain and phase settings.  I probably will not ever use the IF shift, but I'm
wondering why my receiver setting was not the 16 kHz higher frequency as
stated in the procedure. Also, I noted that "RXSBNUL" in steps 6 and 7A
should be "RXSBNUL*"
      The main issue I am having is that despite running through the opposite
sideband nulling procedure, and hearing the test signal opposite sideband
being nulled out, the KX3 performance with actual signals on the bands has
not improved.  I am still hearing with equal strength both sides of the CW
signal. I have powered off the KX3 after running the nulling procedure to
make sure the new settings stuck, but no change. I'm not sure what to check
next...
--Ed, N3CW--

---
is active.