I have just received the controversial KX3 heatsink, end plates and
Perspex (Plexiglas) cover from an eBay advertiser purporting to be in
China.  I realise there have been derogatory comments on here about this
seller's product, but nevertheless I would like to tell you about it.

The black finish and lettering match perfectly to the KX3 itself and the
Perspex cover is strong and fits well. The heatsink also fits perfectly.
All pieces are fixed using the existing KX3 screws. A small pack of
thermal compound is also supplied with a plastic application tool. To
sum up, I have no complaints whatsoever.

And now the best bit...  The whole lot cost me 68.88ukp with free
shipping. (I see they are currently being sold at 65.44ukp.) The package
was evidently dispatched from Belgium. Consequently, as a country in the
European Community there were no customs, VAT or administration charges
to pay.

Yes, I would have liked to have bought these from the original USA
developers. But the additional customs charges and shipping costs to
Great Britain would have been prohibitive.

So, anyone in the UK or Europe, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

73 de David G4DMP

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |