I doubt your problems are because of the firmware, but the answer about the best version of firmware to use is to always load the latest production version.

Beta versions can be useful if you are experiencing problems that the beta release corrects. Remember that beta versions are usually OK to use, but there are made available so a large number of users can report any problems they experience. If there are no problems reported, that beta version will be advanced to production status. OTOH, if there are problems reported, that beta version will be replaced by another beta with those problems addressed.

73,
Don W3FPR