Hi all,
I keep reading about the problems people are having with their KAT500 and
KXPA100 tuners going into a tuning cycle when there seems to be nothing wrong
with their antennas.  I've had my tuners operating here for a long while and
don't have those problems. Mind you, I don't do much SSB, although I did get a
bunch done last week in the W1AW/7 Montana operation.  Thanks to all of you who
gave us a call.

There have been a couple of comments from others who have suggested that there
may be RF getting back into the system or into control cables.  I think these
have some merit and so if you are having these troubles that might be an avenue
of investigation.

In the course of putting together the K-Line book and working on a second
edition of the KX3 book to include the KXPA/KXAT100 amplifier, I've been able
to put together some thoughts on how these tuners work.  You can find an
extraction of these details at
http://www.ke7x.com/home/kat500-and-kxpa100-tuners.

Cheers and happy holidays,
Fred KE7X

"The Elecraft K3: Design, Configuration and Operation 2nd ed"

"The Elecraft KX3 - Going for the summit"

"The Elecraft KPA500 and KAT500 - the K-Line Dream Station"

Printed, coil bound copies of these are all available at
www.elecraft.com<http://www.elecraft.com>

PDF copies available from KE7X
KPA500 and KAT500 Quick Set Up Guide
http://www.ke7x.com/home/k-line-introduction-and-set-up-guide