The need for 220 VAC is a very good point, Ray. Operating from 110 VAC has always been a constraint for me, and likely for many of us. Of course, I'm less "serious" than some hams -- and since the mid 90s QRP has been a focus of mine.

I sure do like having the KPA/KAT500 duo and the ability to kick it on line by simply pressing the Operate button. My last amp, an AL-811H, was far more work to use and got little use as a result.

73, Phil W7OX