On Thu,12/25/2014 8:34 AM, Edward R Cole wrote:
Having the 240v 20A breaker in the room is handy if the PS trips it off.

Something would have to break to trip a 20A breaker in a legal, single-operator ham station. I'm set up for SO2R with a pair of legal limit Ten Tec Titan amps running on the same circuit. In SO2R, only one transmits at a time. But on occasion, I've hit a string of dits to tune one amp while the other is transmitting. I've never tripped a breaker. I have occasionally blown fuses on the amps.

Remember that most breakers are designed to not trip until current has exceeded their limit by some percentage, and for some time. A big over-current (like 35A) will trip a 20A breaker very quickly, but 25A will take a while longer.

73, Jim K9YC