I remember that discussion. I am pretty sure it was about a different problem. Anyway I am using VOX (er, QSK) with no connection to PTT.

On 29 Dec 2014 16:52, David Cole wrote:
Hi Vic,

If I remember correctly, there was a discussion here a few months ago,
(which I can not locate in the archives for some reason), dealing with
this behavior...  I think it had something to do with telling the K3 to
key down in two different ways...  Something along the lines of using
PTT with your DTR/RTS line, and/or using VOX, etc.

Something along that line...  I searched the archives but did not locate
the post which covered this...  I am pretty sure the words "race
condition" were used in the post, so I searched the archive using that
as the search term, but alas, nothing...

Hopefully this will trigger someone with a better memory than I...

Vic, 4X6GP/K2VCO
Rehovot, Israel
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco/