Hi Tony
The avermedia card is a vga capture board. It captures the signal from the svga
card and then displays it in a standard windows window. You can resize it like
any other window and display it simultaneously with all the other windows on
your Windows PC. So you do not need a separate monitor.
73's Tom
va2fsq.com