A half wavelength wire is very high impedance and outside the range of most auto tuners. If you're going to use half wave wires, feed them through a 9:1 current balun. (OK, it's not a balun, it's an impedance transformer)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello
I have just received my T1 kit and i notice that under the above heading in the owners manual under random-wire antennas it states(avoid lengths close to a multiple of 1/2 wavelength on any band) please can someone explain why this is important,also i wish to use this tuner on the following bands 20/15/10m so a suggested wire length would be appreciated I only have 40ft of space to play with.

Thank you.
Mick M1MGD  K2#4785 K1#1532
G-QRP 11355 ARCI  12343