(looks like the message only came to me, but was intended for a wider audience,
so I’ll reply to the Elecraft list)

If you followed the procedure “exactly like described in the manual”, then this
will get you on air, but may not give the optimum result. You should use
Spectrogram or something similar, so you can visually that it has been set up
properly. There is some information on doing this here:
http://www.w3fpr.com/step_3.html <http://www.w3fpr.com/step_3.html>

73, Matt VK2RQ