Hi Jim -

Another suggestion: Sint Maarten. The island is Dutch on the south half; French
on the north. My XYL and I stayed on the Dutch side in 2001. Actually, we were
there during the 9/11 attacks, but that’s another story. St. Maarten has
reciprocal licensing, so that’s one problem solved right up front. Lots of good
places to eat at, in a wide variety of cuisines. English is spoken on both
halves of the island. You’d have to check with the airlines, but when we went,
there were daily direct, non-stop flights from Philadelphia. Probably lots of
others. Water is clear and warm. Food is super! The road infrastructure could
use some upgraded in places! Rental cars are available - no problem there. I
operated as PJ7/W6JHB using my K2/10 and a G5RV hanging under the balcony of
our time share unit that we traded into. Lots of fun!

There was a link on the Elecraft web site to an article I had written about the
experience, but not sure if it is still around or not.

73, Jim / W6JHB
Folsom, CA