I tried running the Audio test described below with my K3 DVR and for some
reason my own audio is not being recorded. The DVR works fine recording  and
playing audio off the air. But when I attempt to record my own audio as
described below, when I play it back to you can hear audio go to zero for time
of my recording and then back to whatever was previously recorded. Any ideas
what I may be doing wrong?
73 Paul
 you have the DVR option, you have a good tool to evaluate your audio
signal.
Record some audio and then play it back.  That way you avoid the bone
conduction problem of listening to yourself live in the monitor and
eliminate the subjective element of on-the-air reports which are
dependent on the other ops receiver and his personal opinion of how you
"should" sound.
73,
Don W3FPR