Ken,

The K2 may not be the only need for RS-232 serial ports in the hamshack. For that reason, I suggest you look at a multiport USB to serial converter. I can recommend the Edgeport - it comes in 4 and 8 port varieties - I have a 4 port. I have successfully run HRD (which polls rapidly) with the K2.
Many USB to serial adapters do not work well at slower baud rates.
Sidenote - there is a subtle difference between those devices called converters vs. adapters. Usually those termed converters were designed for commercial applications and often must handle 1200 baud to 38,400 baud. You can find Edgeport adapters used on Ebay and other sources - they are quite pricy if they are new.

73,
Don W3FPR