Also it is important to set the noise blanker level to the minimum that eliminates the noise.

Alan N1AL

On 01/08/2015 04:00 PM, Harry Yingst via Elecraft wrote:
I noticed something on the P3 and maybe it's a known thing.
I turned on my Flex-1500 that had been sitting idle for nearly a year and
noticedthat the display looked far sharper than the P3's display (Signals more
distinct).
Then I discovered what I was seeing... I had the noise blanker on the P3
turned on.When I turned off the noise blanker the display looked clear and
distinct again.
So It appears that the noise blanker algorithm is averaging the signal to
remove the noise.

Just an observation and something to remember to turn off when not needed.

Message delivered to n...@sonic.net