I'm talking about forward minus reflected power. If you neglect losses, that is
how much power gets to the antenna to be radiated. A wattmeter that measures
forward power will be misleading if the SWR is high. My antenna has an SWR of
about 2.5:1 on 40 m. When the transmitter delivers 100 watts to the line, there
is about 120 watts forward and 20 watts reflected. I want a mode in which the
wattmeter reads 100 watts in this situation.

Maybe 'delivered' is a bad choice of word. I mean something like 'power
delivered by the transmitter'. Obviously it would take magic to know how much
power gets to the antenna after losses!

Vic K2VCO /4X6GP