Michael,

You are correct - the PIN doides D1 and D2 form the T/R switch for the low
power output.

If you do not use the low power output, you can operate the K2 from the
normal BNC antenna jack as usual without that diode installed.

The number of bars on the K2 LED during transmit indicate the approximate
power output of the K2 - if you had the LED Display set for RF, the Low
power output set for 1 mW maximum, and the requested power set for 1 mW, the
expected result would be all bars lighted.

If you dialed only .5 mW on the K2 power request knob, one would expect only
5 of the bars lighted.  If you have all bars lighted no matter what the
power request setting, you should look into the circuits at the lower right
quadrant of the K60XV schematic (labeled XVTR ALC) - you will find the
problem with that portion of the circuit.  I would need more detail to
provide additional information.

73,
Don W3FPR