The comb filter article is about microphone elements in parallel. Those are
widely spaced, but the physics is the same.

Even a small array of microphone elements is a substantial fraction of a sound
wave. Wavelengths for sound in air are very small. At 3KHz, a full wavelength
is about 12cm (under 5 inches). You can get full cancellation at a 1/4
wavelength distance (3cm, ~1.2 inches).

A microphone with multiple elements can sound great, then after you move your
head an inch or more, sound different.

wunder
K6WRU
CM87wj