Hi

I just recently installed the 2M transverter in my KX-3. I’m now noticing high
(11 to 25) SWR readings on 20m and I wondered if this might be related (I don’t
recall such high readings before). I’m using an off-center fed dipole that has
worked quite well in the past. The KX3 autotuner worked so well in the past,
and I’ve seen it tune on relatively short random wires, so inability to tune on
a good antenna seems rather odd.

Part of the installation required displacing L40 and L43 on the main RF board
to make room for the SMA connector. It’s possible to break one of the leads on
the inductor while doing this. L40 (as I recall) felt pretty tight and I may
have inadvertently pushed it too hard.

What would be the symptoms of an open circuit on either of those inductors?
Other than high SWR on 20m and 30m, I haven’t seen any anomalous behavior.

73s
Ed