I didn't see the intial post. Several years back I used to regularly work eastern Europe QRP with a Heathkit 5 watter on 20 CW around 0500-0600 GMT. This used a 22' piece of hookup wire tacked in the corner of the drywall and the ceiling running along the length of the bedroom and excess thru the bathroom doorway to an attachment point in bathroom. It was very surprising how much DX I worked every night.
It can be done when conditions are right.

This past fall from Thanksgiving to new years I worked Les W8YCM/6Y5 nearly every day when he was on vacation in Jamaica, several times with a YAESU FT-817 ND barefoot and a Buddipole dipole 9 feet off the ground.

It can be done with low power and a somewhat compromised antenna when conditions are limited.

73,

Sandy W5TVW