The W8AMZ is a 1/4 wave vertical with two radials. This means that all of the
return currents are expected to go through those two wires. Except there is a
third that is very appealing to the antenna - the coax shield. You might try
adding more radials. That will distribute the return current among more
radials, which will also reduce the return current on the outside of the coax.
In addition, choking at the feed point is very important, as is choking at the
shack entry point.

Quarter-wave verticals are very difficult to tame when it comes to return
currents and coax. It is doable, but patience and lots of experimenting are
required. The reason you see it with high power is quite simply that there is
more power and the currents are much higher. Remember, the power is the square
of the current, so the problem goes up exponentially with power. The KAT500 is
actually no more sensitive than any other ATU to shield current problems, but
we ask so much more of it than a 150 watt ATU. Getting rid of the shield
currents before they get to the KAT500 and making sure the SWR on the antenna
coax going to the KAT is within proper range is vital to keeping everyone happy.

73,

JackB, W6FB