I had used a "loop skywire" for 80 and up. The solution to drain static (and
more) was found in RadCom's Technical topics many years ago : I permanently
grounded the point opposite to the feed one, where there is 0 volt. No change
for the link coupler.
Modelling with Eznec confirmed that the ground wire radiation is very low.
BTW it led to another use :
For top band DX, the open wire line was shorted and the antenna worked as a
"top loaded-top fed" vertical.
Eznec showed that the antenna worked as well as a far higher vertical.
72 to all and season's greetings de F5LCI 100% CW QRP