Here's a simple one. I'll explain it and then tell you how to assign it to a button.

SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB5;SB1;

This does the following:

SWT13;SWT13; A->B, twice
FT1; SPLIT on
UPB5; VFO B up 2 kHz (yes, it's not a typo. The 5 means 2 kHz)
SB1; turn on the SUBRX

Of course if you don't have a subreceiver you don't need the SB1; Also note that I have CONFIG: L--MIX--R set to A Ab so that I will hear the DX in the left and right channels and the pileup in the right channel. I find that most comfortable. If you just want split without the subrx, you can just tab SUB after going into split.

OK, now what you do is go to the K3 Utility and select the Command Tester/K3 Macros tab, and click Edit Macros. Click Read Macros from K3 in case you already have some. Put the string of your macro in an empty slot and give it a name like SPLIT. Note the number of the slot. Then click Write Macros to K3. Click SAVE and you are done with the Utility.

Now go to the K3 and hold Menu. Select CONFIG:Function. Now tap the K3 numeric button that corresponds to the macro slot that you used. If it was number 2, tap the 2 button. You should get MACRO 2 in the VFO B display. Now just tap or hold the programmable button that you want to assign it to (hold PF1 or PF2 or tap or hold one of the M1-M4 buttons).

It sounds a lot harder than it is.