Stewart,

By saying you are "using VOX in Signalink to control PTT" are you saying that you are using the PTT output of Signalink to control transmission? With a cable to the PTT jack?

You mentioned the "RS-232 cable" which makes me wonder which of the Signalink "Radio Cables" you are using. I am going to assume you are using the SLUSBK3 cable which connects to the K3 reap panel audio jacks and the PTT jack.

If so, do you also have VOX set on in the K3.

This is a common problem if both Signalink PTT and the K3 VOX are active. Unplug the PTT cable from the Signalink and just use the VOX in the K3, or turn off VOX in the K3 and use the PTT from Signalink - your choice, but do not use both.

73,
Don W3FPR