I don't think I ever got the hang of the prosigns... I got the AR. To me, BT is a dash (-) but I don't know if that's correct or not. I sometimes get the ',' and '?' confused. The / character I know well, because I always hear it on our local repeater ident, and it it's in my beacon's ident (va3grr/b).

But.... how can you tell an ES from the letter H? The other ones, the AR, BT, the / character, all have 'unique' sounds when you hear them, right? Isn't ES the same as 'h'? Or am I completely lost?

73 de Stephanie
va3uxb
K1 # 02132

p.s. As an aside, I stumbled onto the W1AW code practice session last night on 80 meters; that's a great tool for helping build code speed and confidence. I got about 80% of the 10wpm, so I'm not doing as bad as I thought. I was only getting about 50% of the 13wpm but I probably would have done better if I was writing it down. This morning I looked up the W1AW schedule so I'll know when to find them again. It's much better, in my opinion, than tapes or computer- generated stuff, because it's 'real', over the air. The computer stuff and tapes always seemed to me to be too sterile, too perfect. Perhaps too boring and too dull.