I have a K3, KX3 and flex 6500.  They are all great radio's in their own right
and have their own distinct advantages and disadvantages.  Anyone who would
like to see all 3 in the shack are welcome to drop me a line (in bay area of
course).

So far I wouldn't be caught dead without my K3 in a contest and my KX3 with
KXPA100 as needed is an awesome go-to travel solution of admirable performance
in a pelican case.

The flex does have a decent performing receiver but is still in its early
stages of development feature wise and they are not cranking out updates with
the same frequency that Elecraft does and their support eco system in in an
equal fetal stage.  But the platform does show some great potential to raise
the bar.,,  the jury is still out on that one.  we shall see.

 There are a lot of great radios out there..  But very few have the entire eco
system and solid communication channel/community that Eric and Wayne have
developed with Elecraft..   Its the whole package and commitment to excellence
that makes the platform great.  Not the Sherwood chart.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work!  I  Just raised the N6RO station record
bar for 40 meters in ARRL DX this weekend with a K3/P3 combo... Believe me when
I say this would not have been possible without this level of rig.  I needed
just about every receiver advantage I could to do it.

JM2C

Chris
N6WM