I cannot make any contacts with the KX1. I have a gap vert. Challenger and an
inverted VEE up 30 feet 103 feet long. Now Yesterday I was at a museum and took
the KX1 with me and hooked up to a hustler vert. mounted on top of bldg and had
no problem making contacts around 7030. In 2005 only made one contact on cw
with a station in Mich here at home. I live in Glen Burnie, MD south of
Baltimore and north of Annapolis. I thought if I could make a sked with someone
on reflector I would at least know if I was getting out.

Thought today I might try my luck by putting the KX1 in the van and with a
mobile antenna see if I could make any contacts. Same luck with the K1 with the
Gap and VEE.

Paul Gates, KD3JF
Elecraft Kits:
K1 #0231