Hello Scott,
I am afraid I do not agree to your comments.  I am a owner of both Icom and
entire K-line, I understand what Adam AB4OJ is doing.  Adam knows the design
and structure of K3 no worse than any radio expert here (or at least far better
than me).
Anyway, just let us read both Rob Sherwood and Adam's test data and use them as
a cross reference to each other.  I don't mind reading articles from different
angles.
While there are many CW guru here, voice mode is still the most popular mode
across the HF users.  Some tests under voice mode conditions do give another
view.
I think we just keep our fingers crossed and see what are the results for
IC7851 and K3 new synthesizer model perform in both Adam and Sherwood test.
By the way, both Rob and Adam know each other and do have the chance to
communicate.
73
Johnny VR2XMC

      寄件人︰ Scott Manthe <scott.man...@gmail.com>
 收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 傳送日期︰ 2015年03月13日 (週五) 2:08 AM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] Noise Power Ratio and the K3 with new synthesizer?

I suspect that the "Noise Power Ratio" test was used because that is the
only test that Adam could use to get his beloved Icom gear near the top
of the list. Mr. Farson has had a website devoted to Icom gear for many
years, so I'm not sure if this test could be considered even remotely
objective.

Here is a NPR tutorial from another source, for those interested and
technically proficient enough to investigate further.

73,
Scott, N9AA

Message delivered to vr2...@yahoo.com.hk