I received some cables with a recent K3 purchase that I have a question
about. They appear to be part of a cable package listed on the Elecraft
site, but I'm not 100% certain.  What I have consists of a Male/Female 6 ft.
15 pin cable,  a "Y" 15 pin cable, a "Y" rca cable and the TX interrupt 15
pin adapter.  I am getting a KAT500 and would like to connect the K3 and
KAT500 using the 6 ft. 15 pin cable I got.  I checked the pins, none are
shorted to each other, but pins 1,4,6,7, and 8 are not connected.  Looking
at the ACC pinout, I think this cable should still work, just wonder if
anyone knows for sure. The cable is a smaller diameter black cable without
any ferrite adapters on it than the one pictured on the Elecraft site. The
number on the cable is E318309, AWM 20276,  VW-1 Linfeng.

I just don't want to damage either the K3 or tuner, I'd rather ask what may
be a foolish question than regret it later..

Thanks

73

Tim

NZ8J