Thank you, That was how it seemed I just wanted to double check.
That amp seems a bit happier on 240 than 120.

      From: Jack Brindle <jackbrin...@me.com>
 To: Harry Yingst <hlyin...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2015 4:20 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA500 Proper Transformer Tap setting

The one that keeps the no-load HV in spec and gives you the best performance.If
that is the Red tap, then use that one.
The two sentences are not in conflict. You should expect a major drop in HV
onkey-down due to losses in the power supply. This includes the components
inthe KPA500 (transformer, etc), the power cord, plug, wall outlet and wiring
allthe way to the main pole transformer. You can’t do much about most of
this,but making sure the power cord can handle the current without overheating
isa great idea. Of course this problem is worse with a 120V supply than
240Vsince the current is proportionately higher.
So, again, if the red tap gives you better output and keeps the HV within the
85Vspec under no-load conditions, use it. Make sure it meets both conditions,
though.
73,
Jack B, W6FBElecraft Engineering