I've been following this discussion with interest.  I've used  the NCC-1 with
my K3 for several years now.  I use one of the DX Engineering 102" active
antennas for noise pickup to cancel noise on my Tx vertical antennas.
My best success with noise cancellation has been on the higher bands 20-10
meters, but it also helps even on 160.

Recently, I've added pairs of matched bandpass filters for additional noise
attenuation.  DXE offers HP, LP, and BP filters for enhancement of the NCC-1.
Anyone with the NCC-1 should check these filters out.  They are supposed to be
used in matched pairs for the A & B inputs.  Two sets of matched pairs can be
selected using the L/H positions of the "Band" switch on the front panel.

73,Chuck Guenther  NI0CKX1, K2-10, K3