Seems to me that one viable possibility would be for Elecraft to build
a new box - one that encapsulates the existing K3, but has a new front
panel that's larger, with more knobs allowing each knob to have a
singular function. For those that use the K3 as their main home radio
- this would allow you to have larger knobs, spaced further out, and
have that big radio feel - while those of us that travel constantly
with our K3's can continue with the smaller footprint, which for me
works great even though I have huge hands.

Doing so would require re-engineering front panel, but probably not
much more than that? Since the front panel is just ribbon-cabled to
the rest of the radio. Seems like a relatively small engineering feat
for a big bang but maybe its only an incremental change in terms of
moving the needle and maybe that's not where Elecraft wants to focus.

Good topics for April 1st ;)

73 de N6GQ