Greetings to the group. I have been reading this month's QST article on the
Flex-Radio series. It referred to a "pan" function in the audio output. The
short story is this allows putting a DX station operating split in your
left ear, and listening to the calling stations in your right ear.
So just wondering out loud, short of having a second subreceiver in the K3
(which I do not have) - When operating Split, I know you can quickly switch
between DX and calling stations by holding the "REV" button. The problem of
course is you can only hear one or the other. Is it within reach of a
simple software enhancement from our heroes at Elecraft to route these two
audio signals to the left and right headphone channels from VFO A and B?
(With a study of the schematic I suppose I could answer my own question,
but figure a little brainstorming here in the group wouldn't hurt and might
lead to something interesting...)
Yours -
Bruce / KE1CY