Hi
I think this is more or less in place now. If you put the tuner in manual mode,
 it will only tune if you press tune and then hold this setting. When you tune
to a different location it automatically will load the existing tune settings.
What I have done is a manual tune every 20 kHz or so and kept the tuner in
manual. Thus it always "locks"  the settings.
Tom
va2fsq.com