It sounds like you've only put one new board in a 2RX K3. I don't believe that's a supported configuration...

73, Ross N4RP

On 4/6/2015 7:01 PM, Roger D Johnson wrote:
My new boards arrived today. I popped one into the K3 for some testing. I was especially interested in the low frequency performance as I like to DX the LF broadcasts from 153 to 279 kHz. What I found was that below 400 kHz, the noise level rises and at 100 kHz it's almost 20 over 9 on the S meter! I calibrated my NaP3 spectrum analyzer program and took some measurements of the noise level.

500 kHz  -127 dbm
400         -127
300         -124
200         -113
100         -93

That's a 34 db increase in noise level!! Is this the way the new boards are supposed to work? I expected a decrease in sensitivity below 500 kHz but not this. Any ideas?

73, Roger

Message delivered to n...@n4rp.com

--
FCC Section 97.313(a) “At all times, an amateur station must use the minimum
transmitter power necessary to carry out the desired communications.”