Bernie,

My first suspicion is in the BFO area. Unfortunately, some of those connections are under the L33 BFO inductor. It is possible that you have a bad BFO crystal. But think about it a bit before doing anything to decide if it is the BFO or the PLL/VFO causing the problem.

Since you have a significant shift in frequency, if you use the most narrow CW filter, has the audio pitch the same as you had set for the filter center, or is the pitch substantially different. You can observe the frequency at the center of the filter passband with Spectrogram.

What I am getting at is that if the BFO is changing frequency, the audio pitch when the signal is tuned to the center of the narrow CW filter will be different than you chosen center frequency.

OTOH, if the audio pitch stays the same, but you can retune (to that same pitch) with the RIT or by moving the VFO, then the problem is in the PLL/VFO area.

73,
Don W3FPR