Fred Jensen (K6DGW) wrote [entertainingly]:

> "Are we there yet?"

Where is "there," Kimosabe?

Currently reportable news includes:

- The new synth for the K3 (KSYN3A), which adds 600 meter capability, virtually
eliminates CW timing variance, and improves close-in phase noise. Lower phase
noise results in even cleaner transmit. On receive it means better reciprocal
mixing dynamic range (RMDR) and greater 3rd order IMD dynamic range (IMDDR3).
Eric gave a talk on the synth improvements today, as they're highly relevant to
many DXers.

- We've been testing a new transmit-monitoring feature on the P3 panadapter,
which provides simulated analog power and SWR meters as well as high-resolution
transmit envelope display. We had hoped to have this in time for Visalia but
now it's looking like Dayton. Various full-scale power ranges are provided
including 200 W and 2 KW, using a transmit RF sampling unit based on the ones
used with the W2 wattmeter.

- Fixed-tune mode for the PX3 panadapter is ready for beta test, probably early
next week. This feature has been very popular on the P3, and we've had help
from a number of volunteers to get it dialed in on the PX3 (thanks, guys).

And now, back to the salt mine/Santa's workshop/you-get-the-idea,

Wayne
N6KR