Hello Dominic,
To my curiosity, if the KSYNA board were declared as second hand used
electronic parts, would this also attract VAT?
If the answer is negative, you can then ask a friend in US to buy and send it
you which is theoretically second hand product.
73
Johnny VR2XMC
      寄件人︰ Dominic Baines <dominic.bai...@ntlworld.com>
 收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 傳送日期︰ 2015年05月5日 (週二) 3:43 PM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] K3 New Synth boards in Eu?

Remember VAT (in UK) is charged on the value PLUS the postage costs so
if you paid for an expensive shipping  option you get bitten twice!

There is a low threshold below which no extra costs.

The extra costs on a load of Elecraft kit a couple years back (for me
and a couple others) when $/£ was good too was cheap enough to push the
equation to being able to pay for the Dayton air fare just to collect
the kit and pay the OHIO sales tax.

There is qrpproject.de for Elecraft kit in EU along with lots of other
vendors but not always cheaper but you need to add in the exchange rate
and postage if trying to compare prices.

72

Dom
M1KTA