Hi Roger,

I'm looking at the W2 kilowatt sensor schematic and scratching my head trying to figure out how that could have happened. There are 49.9k resistors in series with all the op amp inputs, so there would have to be hundreds of volts coming out of the detectors to damage the devices. Plus the fact that all 4 op amps (actually two dual op amps) were destroyed argues against that as well.

I would suspect the 5V op-amp power supply. Perhaps there was a failure in the W2 power supply or maybe a spike on the supply. A large voltage transient causing a current spike in the sensor cable might do it, although it is hard to imagine 50W at 475 kHz doing that.

Alan N1AL