Hi all

I apologize if this topic has been covered here before.

I've had my K3 for about a year now, and I'm considering adding another
roofing filter.  I currently have the 400 hz 8 pole filter and it has
served me very well, but there were several instances during the 2014 WPX
cw contest as well as 2014 SS where I needed something tighter.  I've seen
the filter plots for the 5 pole and 8 pole filters, and while my initial
gut feeling was to go with the 8 pole 250 hz filter, I'm now questioning
whether or not that would be wise.  According to the plots, there isn't
much difference between the two filters, and based on this data alone it
would seem that the better choice would be to go with the 200hz 5-pole.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Thoughts?

Thanks

73, Morgan, NS0R.