Tom,

The KRC2 is just great - lots of function and opportunities for you to be
creative with your antenna switching.

I worked out a plan for automatically switching my antennas with it - and I
am switching a lot of antennas in 3 selection banks (some even appear in
more than one bank).  The KRC2 drives my own diode matrix which takes
advantage of the 'wire-or' capability of both the negative and the positive
outputs.  When I have everything completed, the antenna selection will
follow the K2 band and I will be able to switch from one bank of antennas
(horizontal polorization, vertical polarization, or beam/broadband set by
tapping the Fx buttons on the KRC2.

Yes, in addition to the KRC2, I need 12 remote relays in the antenna field
and 3 relays in the shack, and these relays are controlled by 'logic'
provided by using the KRC2 positive and negative outputs together along with
the 'wire-or' function afforded by simply tying to outputs together - the
use of a positive output along with a negative output on a relay coil
provides a logical 'and' function available for use.

Jack Brindle has been generous to offer a special configuration program for
me because the configurator program is not yet available.  I believe Jack
has one working for the Mac, but Jack does not 'do Windows' (I hope I am not
'telling stories out of school') - in the meantime he seems to be willing to
provide special releases of the KRC2 firmware for those who need it.

I am using mine in K2 mode only since I have no Kenwood gear.  The computer
serial port connects directly to the KRC2 and software control of the K2 is
available through that connection (no need for an extra K2 to computer
cable).  The KRC2 and K2 works with all the K2 control programs that I have
tried.  No problems with HRD and several others but I have encountered
difficulty with the N4PY program only when used with the KRC2ACC version,
the standard KRC2 handles N4PY control nicely.

73,
Don W3FPR