Well, some improvements today after encouraging words from forum members. Much
opening and closing PX3 case pressing PCBs, reseating connections and cables,
moving power leads and suddenly things are 20 dB better. I can now hear the
weak beacons with the PX3 switched on. Now to tidy up and try and get a
configuration of equipment so that I can test a little better.

That was a close call, I was in the local emporium today and if there had been
a certain radio in stock I may well have bought it today!

Thank you all again. My confidence is much restored.

73

David Anderson GM4JJJ