I received today the new KXV3B module, and installed it in my K3 serial number
05864, using K3 Utility Revision 1.15.5.1.

I also updated my K3 firmware, to revision 05.26.  I completed the Milliwatt TX
Gain Calibration (since I also have an XV222).  For good measure, I also
completed both the 5 and 50 watt calibration, using an old Heathkit Cantenna.
All of those completed with no errors.

However, upon powering up the K3, I see the ‘ERR XV3’ message.

I have twice removed and reinstalled the module, everything visually appears to
be ok.  Since I had the original KXV3 module, I did not open the bottom of the
case, and I used the same TMP cable.

Using the menu settings, I show that PREAMP2 is off, it cannot be changed. KXV3
is ‘nor'; I can however cycle through ’not inSt’ and ’tESt’.  ATTEN is 10 db
and also cannot be changed.

What puzzles me is that my 222 MHz transverter appears to be functioning, which
of course is installed to the KXV3B module.  And the IF Output port is
functioning since I have it installed with an external SDR (Elad FDM-S1).
Additionally, while I do not have a different antenna for receive, the RX ANT
switch appears to be working, as pressing it heavily attenuates and/or removes
signals completely.

Since it is the weekend and I won’t be able to reach Elecraft, I would
appreciate any suggestions, or perhaps something that I may have missed that I
did not describe above.

73 de Sebastian, W4AS