I think you must be referring to the notch that occurs at the KX3 VFO frequency. The I/Q output of the KX3 is AC-coupled so there is no response at zero HZ, which corresponds to the KX3 VFO frequency. In CW mode, this is offset from the receive frequency by the CW pitch, typically 600 Hz, either above or below the passband, depending on which sideband is selected.

If there is any 60 Hz or other line-related hum getting into the I/Q input then you will see n*60 Hz sidebands on either side of the notch.

Alan N1AL