When you switch to OPER, is there an asterisk on the left side of the LCD? This
would indicate that the PTT line is engaged or shorted. fix that connection and
things should return to normal.
There are several things that could be causing the trouble you see. Work
through them with Elecraft customer support and you may avoid shipping the amp
back.

- Jack Brindle, W6FB

Sent from my iPad