Hi Gang,

I finally got to use the KXV3B module on the 6m band today (22Jun15) as it
finally opened for DX from EU.

When the band first opened up around 12Z or so, I only heard a couple of
weak EU stns while others north of me were working them. One ham 10 miles
from me, as the crow flies, was working several EU stns but I could not hear
any...yet ! This is the nature of the beast of the 6m band !

Went out to do some errands and returned after an hour...lo 'n behold, EU
finally was punching thru the K3. Many of the signals were weak to begin
with and I had to dig them out of the noise.........if it wasn't for the K3,
the new SYNTH boards and the KXV3B module, I would never have been able to
pull them out of the noise.

I have a modest setup here with a 5el yagi @ 55' and a KPA500 which is
pretty much needed on six meters during band cndx like this today.

Kudos have to go to the Elecraft crew on a job well done on implementing the
PR6-10 "guts" on to the KXV3B module.

73 y'all

Tom/k1tl...