My concerns are a bit different. While I like having the radio keep me honest, and as an extra class licensee, I'm in good shape with the current radio firmware, I worry about emergencies. The FCC allows us to work out of band during emergencies, but I can't move to a public agency frequency in an emergency because there is no override in the firmware.

Now anytime you work out of band, you should expect to have to justify it to the FCC. One hopes that they will be gentler than loss of license and a $10,000 fine if you have a good reason for your operation. If you have a good reason, it should also play will in the court of public opinion. YMMV

73 Bill AE6JV