I’m not operating Field Day this year so this is not a Field Day emergency but
I’d still like to get it resolved. I’ll ask here before I call Elecraft next
week.

I upgraded from FW 5.01 to 5.29 this morning. I read in the release notes that
if installing FW 5.10 or higher, you should perform the 50 W Tx calibration.
Well, I did, about three times. It failed all three times.

The first time it failed, I got “ERR TXG” message. This was at both 5 W and 50
W. I shut down the transceiver, turn the p/s off, waited about 10 seconds and
tried again.

The second and third times (no transceiver reboot between these tries), I just
got a calibration failed from the K3 Utility. This was on both 5 W and 50 W.

My load is connected to ANT1, but I noticed the utility switching ANT ports
during the process.

Hmm… I may try this on my Windows VM.

Until Elecraft gets back in and rests a bit from Field Day, would I be safe to
just reload what I had and try to calibrate with *that* FW if the Windows
version of the utility doesn’t fix it?

73,
Joel - W4JBB