Cathy,

Are you saying that with the KPA100 connected to the base K2, you have 17 volts on U6 pin 6, but with it still connected to the base K2, you have a lower voltage at RF board D9? Check the voltage at both ends of RF board R66 - If the highest voltage there does not match the reading at KPA100 U6 pin 6, there is a discontinuity somewhere. I can't think of any way you could actually have 17 volts on U6 pin 6 - maybe 12 volts or even up to 15, but that is a strange voltage.
During receive that voltage should be very close to zero.
First make certain all the pins on U6 are soldered.
Then measure U6 pin 7 and pin 8.  Both should be at 5 volts.
If you really have 17 volts (actually anything more than 5 volts) at U6 pin 6, there is no way that U6 could be generating that voltage. It has to be coming from a source outside U6 (although the 17 volts may have damaged U6).

Check the KPA100 carefully with a magnifier for solder bridges, especially on the pins of P1 (12CTRL is adjacent to VRFDET). Check the orientation of diodes D1 thru D8 - especially D6 - all the cathodes should point in the same direction.

Do you have the ribbon cable oriented in the proper direction - from P1, the cable should extend over the front edge of the KPA100 - it it is the other way around, swap the ends of the cable with each other.

If you have the KSB2 option or the K60XV option installed, try removing both those options and check again. Other than the MCU and D9 in the base K2, those are the only places you will find the VRFDET line.

73,
Don W3FPR