Yes. Check the KAT500 specs on page 2 of the KAT500 manual. The tuner is
limited to matching no more than a 10:1 SWR in the HF range, and lower at VHF.
Note that this is specified for 500 watts of power, so you may be able to get a
little more. 13:1 indicates a very bad match, however. You will be burning up
most of your TX power in the coax between the tuner and the antenna.

By far the best thing you can do is to fix the antenna so that is presents a
much better impedance to the feed line (and thus the tuner). Doing so will get
much more of that precious power into the air.

- Jack B, W6FB